Below is a summary of the report about Real Estate developments and trends in Kenya, specifically Nairobi, as provided by Lamudi Kenya.
- The ongoing infrastructure developments within and outside the Nairobi CBD will drive the property boom on the city outskirts.
- The development of roads infrastructure will boost access to certain areas, for example the Thika Superhighway, which has opened up Thika.
- Growth in Internet usage has steered businesses to align their services with technological trends.
- The online house-hunting trend is taking root as more people connect to the Internet and discover its convenience.
- The country is growing fast as a result of the rebasing of the economy, which saw Kenya claim middle income country status.
- The rebasing saw the construction and allied sector being categorized on its own, due to the potential the sector has shown. It now accounts for 11 percent of GDP.
- With the current exodus of people from the NCBD, commuter towns within the city are now in high demand with house-hunters.
- Ongoing infrastructure developments, especially for roads, have made satellite towns within the metropolis of Nairobi the preferred location with property-seekers.
Previous articleHow To Make Your House Attractive for Tenants
Next articleInvesting in Office Space has Better Returns Than Residential